Activities near Kells on the Ring of Kerry, Ireland
Washing, Drying and Luggage Transfer Facilities
South Kerry is a wonderful location for outdoor activities, but if you're out and about in Kerry there's a good chance you'll get wet - even if you're not in the sea!
Caitins provides washing and drying facilities for residents, and there's also a drying room where you can dry your wetsuits and other gear. If you're staying with us and you want to walk or cycle to your next stop, we can organise the transfer of your luggage.
We can arrange bicycle hire if you'd like to spend a day or two exploring Kells and its surroundings in a sustainable way.
Our friendly staff will be delighted to help you to arrange your ideal holiday. Availability for most trips is better if you can arrange them a day or two in advance. Just contact us by phone or email.
The following activities are usually available. If your hobby or interest isn't included, give us a call anyway. We can usually sort it out for you!
- Water Sports
- Skellig Visit
A Day in Kells Without the Car
As part of our commitment to Green Tourism, we encourage our visitors to spend time in Kells without the car. Here's a possible 'green' day in Kells:
- Breakfast at Caitins
- Visit Kells Gardens - a twenty-minute stroll away
- Enjoy a walk in the beautiful surroundings. Take in a cup of tea at the tea shop
- Proceed down to Kells beach (ten minutes' walk) for a swim, a paddle or a relaxing lounge. You can get tea and chips at Sea View Guesthouse
- Walk to the Quarry Restaurant (twenty-five minutes) and have lunch with a glass of wine, while contemplating Dingle Bay.
- Take a stroll along the Golden Mile, part of the old railway behind the Quarry.
- If you're more energetic, embark on a walk along the Kerry Way.
- Return to Caitins, and watch the sun set over Dingle Bay.